TMNT Origins RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMNT RPG and Fandom Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hogwarts Houses! :D

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alysson Wittmann

Alysson Wittmann

Hogwarts Houses! :D Empty
PostSubject: Hogwarts Houses! :D   Hogwarts Houses! :D EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 1:00 pm

As I've been stuck in a chair for an hour waiting for hair dye to set (dying it purple!) I thought  it'd be fun to sort characters into Hogwarts houses...cuz that's basically what I do when I'm bored.  Razz

Ravenclaw:
(Intelligence, knowledge, wit)

Erica Martins
April O'Neil
Donatello
Master Splinter

Slytherin:
(Ambition, cunning, resourcefulness)

Loventrice Dixon
Melissa Andreas
Mikko McKinnon

Gryffindor:
(Bravery, daring, nerve)

Angel Bridge
Leonardo
Raphael

Hufflepuff:
(Dedication, patience, loyalty)

Michelangelo

I haven't been able to sort everybody...some are harder than others to place... And I'm really stuck on my own Alyss! I was originally tempted to merely place her in Hufflepuff (since most characters I create seem to fit in there, since I myself am a Puff), but I'm not sure she really is a Puff. But then I don't really know where else to put her. :/

You guys can go ahead and sort some of the unsorted characters, if you want! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wonderfulmeep.wordpress.com/
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Houses! :D   Hogwarts Houses! :D EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 3:27 pm

Slytherin! That's right! We're the best! Also, Purple is the best color for hair!
Back to top Go down
http://toxic-asylum.tumblr.com/
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Houses! :D   Hogwarts Houses! :D EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 3:11 am

Hogwarts Houses! :D 12316218_758080510960039_3463379831021125515_n
Back to top Go down
http://toxic-asylum.tumblr.com/
Michelangelo Hamato
Canon
Michelangelo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Houses! :D   Hogwarts Houses! :D EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 10:52 am

I am a HufflePuff!!

move over Cedric Diggory - Edward silver dico butt fairy vamp! I am the Turtle!!!

Hogwarts Houses! :D Il_570xN.486222695_nc0t
Back to top Go down
Michelangelo Hamato
Canon
Michelangelo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Houses! :D   Hogwarts Houses! :D EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 9:47 am

Hogwarts Houses! :D Latest?cb=20111027164825

Hufflepuff is one of the four Houses of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Its founder was the medieval witch Helga Hufflepuff. Hufflepuff is the most inclusive among the four houses; valuing hard work, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play rather than a particular aptitude in its members. The emblematic animal is a badger, and yellow and black are its colours. The Head of Hufflepuff is Pomona Sprout and the Fat Friar is the House's patron ghost.

Hufflepuff corresponds roughly to the element of earth[2], and it is for that reason that the House colours were chosen: yellow represented wheat, while black was emblematic of soil[3]. The Hufflepuff points hourglass contains yellow diamonds[4].
Contents[show]
Traits
Wallofportraits2

Hufflepuff's founder, Helga Hufflepuff

Students belonging to this house are known to be hard-working, friendly, loyal, honest and rather impartial. It may be that due to their values, Hufflepuffs are not as competitive as the other houses, or are more modest about their accomplishments. Hufflepuff is the most inclusive among the four houses; valuing hard work, dedication, patience, loyalty, and fair play rather than a particular aptitude in its membersments.

Hufflepuff appears to have the least rivalry with the other houses, except in Quidditch, although the Triwizard Tournament did temporarily put a great deal of strain on the relationship between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, due to unusual circumstances of the selection of both Gryffindor student Harry Potter and Hufflepuff student Cedric Diggory as Champions.
   "Everyone says Hufflepuff are a lot o' duffers,"
   —Hagrid [src]

Badger

The badger, Hufflepuff's symbol.

According to Minerva McGonagall, all four of the houses have produced exceptional witches and wizards in their time, but due to Helga Hufflepuff's policy of accepting any student and its usually poor performance in the House Cup, Hufflepuff is often thought to be the house of less talented wizards. However, this is merely a misunderstanding of the Sorting Hat's poem. The Hufflepuff house has produced a great many of successful and influential members of the wizarding world.

Hufflepuff has produced the fewest number of dark wizards than any other house at Hogwarts. Their cheerful and friendly demeanor can probably account for this property of the House. Hufflepuff firmly demonstrated its loyalty during the Battle of Hogwarts in 1998, when they were second only to Harry Potter's own house of Gryffindor in the number of students willing to stay and fight against Voldemort and his forces in the defence of their school.
Common Room

The Hufflepuff Dormitories and Common room have never been seen by outsiders and is the only house with repelling devices in case of intruders. They are accessed through a pile of large barrels, found stacked in a shadowy stone recess on a right-hand side corridor near the kitchens. The barrel two from the bottom, middle of the second row, will open if tapped in the rhythm of 'Helga Hufflepuff'.
Hufflepuffbg1600x1200

Hufflepuff Common room

As a security device to repel non-Hufflepuffs, tapping on the wrong barrel, or tapping the incorrect number of times, results in one of the other lids bursting off and drenching the imposter in vinegar.

However, once you make it through the tunnel entryway, the Hufflepuff dormitory is a quite cosy and welcoming place; it always feels sunny. The common room is a large, earthy, round room with low ceilings. The view from the round windows is of dandelions and rippling grass.

The decor emphasises the earthy-feel of the room with plants hanging and resting all about the room, some that even sing and dance. Burnished copper touchings with plush, cosy yellow and black patterned sofas and chairs welcoming a Hufflepuff student to relax and discuss the interesting specimens brought in by the Head of House, Professor Sprout. A Hufflepuff student retires through big, round doors in the walls of the common room to their dormitory. [5][6]
Head of House

The Hufflepuff's head of house before and during Harry Potter's time was Pomona Sprout. She was the Herbology professor at Hogwart School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It is possible that before Pomona was appointed as the Herbology professor and made head of house that Herbert Beery the previous Herbology teacher was the head of house, depending on if he was a Hufflepuff or not.
Known Hufflepuffs
Wallofportraits2
Helga Hufflepuff †
Fat friar hpps
Fat Friar †
Hengist of Woodcroft USAcard
Hengist of Woodcroft
Bridget Wenlock Portrait
Bridget Wenlock †
Artemisia Lufkin
Artemisia Lufkin †
Grogan Stump
Grogan Stump †
Newt Scamander USA Card
Newton "Newt" Scamander
Pomonaface
Pomona Sprout
Nymphadora Tonks
Nymphadora Lupin (née Tonks) †
Cedric
Cedric Diggory †
Stebbins
Stebbins
Zsmith 002
Zacharias Smith
Justin Finch-Fletchley (McGonagall's Class)
Justin Finch-Fletchley
ErnieM
Ernie Macmillan
Hannah Abbott
Hannah Longbottom (née Abbott)
Susan bones
Susan Bones
Leanne
Leanne
Anthony Otterburn
Anthony Otterburn
Marilyn
Marilyn
Arthur
Arthur
Heather
Heather
KarlLimpley
Karl Limpley
Hufflepuff Duelling Club Captain
Hufflepuff Duelling Club Captain
Potion girl
Potions Club girl
Hufflepuff Duelling Champion
Hufflepuff Wizard Duelling Champion
Charity Burbage's student assistant
Male Muggle Studies teacher's student assistant
TeddyLupin
Teddy Lupin

Add a photo to this gallery
Hufflepuff Period Attending Hogwarts Notes
The Fat Friar[7] unknown Now the house ghost.
Hengist of Woodcroft

[8]
Medieval era Founded the all-wizard village of Hogsmeade.
Bridget Wenlock

[8]
c. 1213 to 1220 Famous Arithmancer who discovered the magical properties of seven.
Artemisia Lufkin

[8]
c. 1765 to 1772 Minister for Magic from from 1798 to 1811.
Grogan Stump

[8]
c. 1781 to 1788 Minister for Magic from from 1811 to 1819.
Newton "Newt" Scamander

[8]
c. 1908 to 1916 Famous magizoologist and Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Dugald McPhail [8]
unknown Minister for Magic in an unknown period.
Eglantine Puffett

[5]
Inventor of the Self-Soaping Dishcloth.
Hepzibah Smith Descendant of Helga Hufflepuff.
Silvanus Kettleburn unknown Later professor of Care of Magical Creatures,
Pomona Sprout

[7]
1942 - 1949 or 1952 - 1959[9] Later professor of Herbology and Head of Hufflepuff House.
Nymphadora Tonks

[10]
1984 - 1991 Auror and a member of the Order of the Phoenix. Wed to Remus Lupin and mother of Teddy Lupin. She was killed in the Battle of Hogwarts.
Gabriel Truman

[8]
1980s and 1990s Prefect
Cedric Diggory 1989 - 1995 Prefect, Captain and Seeker for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, Triwizard Champion; killed in his sixth year.
Anthony Rickett 1990s Beater for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team.
Cadwallader Chaser for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team.
Gregory Munslow Only seen in the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game).
Heidi Macavoy Chaser for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team.
Herbert Fleet Keeper for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team.
Malcolm Preece Chaser for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team.

Maxine O'Flaherty
Beater for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team.
Stebbins
Summerby Seeker for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team.
Summers
Tamsin Applebee Chaser for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team.
Zacharias Smith Chaser and Captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team; member of Dumbledore's Army (abandoned).
Justin Finch-Fletchley 1991 - 1997 (?) Member of Dumbledore's Army. Due to Muggle-born status, most likely did not attend his final year, during which Lord Voldemort controlled Hogwarts and the Ministry of Magic.
Ernie Macmillan 1991 - 1998 Prefect and member of Dumbledore's Army.
Hannah Abbott Prefect and member of Dumbledore's Army. Married to Neville Longbottom.
Leanne Friend of Katie Bell and witnessed her being cursed. Fought in the Battle of Hogwarts. Survived the war.
Megan Jones
Susan Bones Member of Dumbledore's Army. Was the first to Splinch herself in Apparition lessons.
Wayne Hopkins
Oliver Rivers 1991 - 1998
Roger Malone 1991 - 1998
Heather 1992 - 1999 Duelling Club member.
Eleanor Branstone 1994 - 2001
Kevin Whitby
Laura Madley
Owen Cauldwell
Rose Zeller 1995 - 2002
Rohit Das Observed during 1993–1994 school year
Gabriel Tate 1990's
Melvin Catterick
Linda Chaddesley
Thora Dinnet
Nitin Divekar
Nicola Dodworth
Haruka Endoh
Annabel Entwhistle
Kay Formby
Trudy Galston
Brendon Halkirk
Raashid Hussain
Sisi Makerere
Bernard Maltby
Benjamin McEwen
Hecate Oakham
Madeline Ormskirk
Madhumati Parmar
Gayle Pocklington
Satinder Singh
Manish Sreenivasan
Lesley Toddington
Darrel Turner
Katsuji Yamazaki
Kousuke Yoshioka
Matthew Kettletoft
Teddy Lupin 2009-2016 Orphaned son of Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks. Head Boy during the 2015-2016 school year.[1]
Behind the scenes

@privetdrivex: "Joanne, there are people who have a certain prejudice against Hufflepuff. What do you think about this?"
   @jk_rowling: "They do not understand the special mystique of the badger. Do not hate them - pity them."
   — J. K. Rowling responds to a fan's comments on Hufflepuff on Twitter.

So what about the badger? Very Happy

The power of the badger lies in is its aggressiveness and the readiness to fight for what it wants. On the flip side, the badger is also about healing – they are the keeper of Earth’s healing herbs. Badger will persevere in finding a cure. People with this power animal are often healers and have the guts to use unconventional methods.

mmmm not sure about the aggressiveness thing - I am the most laid back turtle there is Razz - but sooo relate to the unconvential methods.
Back to top Go down
April O'Neil
Canon
April O'Neil

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Houses! :D   Hogwarts Houses! :D EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 9:50 am

I would become HeadMistress Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Houses! :D   Hogwarts Houses! :D Empty

Back to top Go down

Hogwarts Houses! :D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMNT Origins RPG :: The Land of the Dead :: The Archives-
Jump to: