TMNT Origins RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMNT RPG and Fandom Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Michelangelo Hamato
Canon
Michelangelo Hamato

Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] Empty
PostSubject: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 1:19 am

A few hours after "Family Meeting"
October 29th
6:00 PM

The journey back to the sewers felt heavy. Throughout the 16 years there had always been this power struggle between Raph and Leo. It started out as subtle, at first, but as they grew older. It started out small. The boys would compete each other in small things. As they grew into teenagers, the competitiveness escalated to violence. Mikey can recall keeping his distance whenever the two exchange blows while Don patch them  up. Sometimes even he winds up being caught in the middle. Sure, he can be a handful. He is not a stranger to turtle timeout. But not once had he seen Leo disobey, rebel, or disrespect Splinter. He was always eager to please him, always trying to prove himself.

Now Leo was stripped off his power. Then Raph took over.

That whole situation blew his mind away. Raph, leader? The hot head? The one who wanted to take down the Shredder first, without them? The one who doesn't think before speaking? Raph? This cannot be happening. But more importantly, how does Raph feel about all of this? Hours ago he had been mulling over the idea that he and Don had switch places. Does that make him the tech head now and Don the fun turtle? All of this is making his head hurt. Guess he should start practicing on being Donnie. Maybe he can loan him a book on quantum physics or something.

It was a silly idea, but the whole scene had bothered him all day. Mikey is never one who thinks. Usually he leaves that to his brothers. All of this is giving him a headache.

Maybe he should see Don about that physics book....
Back to top Go down
Leonardo Hamato
Canon
Leonardo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 12:32 am

Leo had returned home that morning bright and early. He was trying to get home before anyone woke up. Luckily he did. He slipped into his bedroom and had been there for a few hours now. He knew he would have to come out and face his family sooner or later, he just didn't know how to face them, what to say. After talking with April and having some time to himself he did realize he went about things the wrong way, even though he still held the belief that he was ready to take care of the family and that they were too old to be punshed now.

And Raph was in charge now, it would only be a matter of time before he got them killed. But then again, maybe Leo should see this as a good thing. He didn't have to worry anymore, he didn't have the family's well being on his shoulders. No one would look up to him for guidence. No that was all Raph now, Maybe Leo should see it as a vacation. And you never know, Raph could suprise them all.

Finally Leo dressed in his gear and stepped out of his room. He headed to the kitchen To get some tea and maybe some toast, he was sure to run into someone, he just hoped it wasn't his father.
Back to top Go down
Donatello Hamato
Canon
Donatello Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 11:22 pm

Don was still fuming about the situation on the way back to the lair.  He never even spoke a word the entire time.  He just...he had no idea what to say.  And even if he did, would anyone listen to him?  Considering the near disaster that happened topside between Raph and Leo, Don couldn't be sure of anything anymore.

Finally home, Don disappeared inside his lab.  He just needed to occupy his mind with something other than thoughts of 'what could have been' and 'what he should have done instead'.  None of it mattered, really.  He was still grateful that Raph of all people ended the fight, but Don knew it was far from over.

After a while, Don needed more coffee so he finally emerged from his lab, cup in hand. He saw Leo leave his own room and he had a few questions to ask him, so he went over, trying to act casual about it.

"Hi, Leo."

Back to top Go down
Michelangelo Hamato
Canon
Michelangelo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:49 am

His stomach rumbled. Pizza time! Humming to himself to some crappy opera song that no one seems to care about any more, Mikey begin to search through the doors, hoping for some ingredients for his latest invention. A Breakfast pizza! Okay, so it was late, but then again, some people eat breakfast at dinner anyway. Then he remembered he made a handful of the stuff this morning. Mixed with scrambled eggs, sausage and hash browns.

Great, there were leftovers. A lot of leftovers. Grabbing a can of orange crush, he tilted the entrance that led to their rooms. Did Leo came back? From what he'd been told, Leo arrived in the morning. There is no way Leo can miss out on this breakfast pizza. It was a masterpiece! Leo would regret not trying it.

Back to top Go down
Leonardo Hamato
Canon
Leonardo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 11:38 pm

Soon Don came into the kitchen followed by Mike. So far they didn't seem to have any questions, but there was a heaviness in the air. Hey He greeted the two of them then took his tea tot he table and sat down. He sipped from his cup silently for a bit then turned to Don again.

Hear from that cat lady anymore? He asked.

Leo figured if he started the questions then they wouldn't ask him anything about what's been going on with him.
Back to top Go down
Donatello Hamato
Canon
Donatello Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 10:29 pm

So the questions began. Only it wasn't Don asking them at this point. As far as telling Leo about what happened between Love and himself, Don felt much better discussing it with Leo than anyone else at the moment. Maybe he had some advice about how to help this mutant cat.

"I haven't heard from her since the other night, Leo," Don answered with a shrug. "But I do have a question for you."

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly before continuing. "What do you think about me trying to break this cannibal out of her current eating habits?" He was bracing for a lecture about how stupid he was for even asking that question. Goodness knows he heard enough from Raph about the subject.
Back to top Go down
Michelangelo Hamato
Canon
Michelangelo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 11:19 pm

Mikey is so wrapped up on his pizza that he didn't noticed Leo and Don entering the kitchen. Grinning, he grabbed a plate full of his leftover 'breakfast pizza' and put it on the center of the table. He noticed Donnie looking serious. Was he thinking about that cat mutant they met earlier? Form what he had caught, Donnie wanted to help the mutant.

"Donnie! Why look so serious? I've got plenty of leftovers for everyone." He grabbed a coke from the stash and popped it open. He glanced back at Donnie and Leo. "Are you really going to help that cat mutant, Donnie? Count me in."
Back to top Go down
Leonardo Hamato
Canon
Leonardo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 11:27 pm

Well I don't think I'm in any possition to be giving advice anymore. But yes I think she can be broken of her habits. Before I would have said no, but after meeting some people, I believe that others can change for the better. I would be careful, of course. But I think it's worth trying to help her. She's a mutant like us, We need to take care of our own.

Leo took a slice of pizza and nodded a thanks to Mike.

Raph and Master Splinter isn't going to just let you go though, But, I'll help you. I also would like for you two to meet my new friends. I'm planing on seeing Lexi later on, you two should come.
Back to top Go down
Donatello Hamato
Canon
Donatello Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 11:38 pm

Don stared at both Mikey and Leo as if they had grown about two pairs of heads...each! They really supported him with this? This was...great! Now Don didn't think it was such a lost cause anymore. What was a lost cause, however, was getting Raph on-board. His hotheaded brother made it very clear on his position in this.

"Really?" Don couldn't keep the broad smile on his face for his brothers' cooperation. He thought he would be doing this alone, but maybe having some useful tips and whatnot. But...they wanted to actually help him! Don couldn't believe it. This was way better than he hoped for.

"Thanks, guys. I do have some ideas..."
Back to top Go down
Michelangelo Hamato
Canon
Michelangelo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 11:43 pm

"Uno problem, my fellow comprades: How are we going to do this without letting Raph know? Now that he is a leader, he's not going to want us to help Love. We also need to keep this from Splinter. You heard what he said, Don. He doesn't want us to help the cat lady." Mikey's brows knitted thoughtfully. Okay, so it was rare that he ever focused on serious topics, but when it comes to wanting to help someone, Mikey is always there, front and center. He is also curious about Don's plan on wanting to help the cat woman.

He turned to Leo, wondering if he had any ideas as well.

Back to top Go down
Leonardo Hamato
Canon
Leonardo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 11:54 pm

What Mike said was true. Raph and Splinter wanted all of them to stay away from the cat. and probably the new human friends too. But sometimes you have to go aganst the rules to help others out. Karma would come back in a good way for them if they helped the girl out. Though Leo still felt bad that she bit Don.

Where is Master Splinter? Leo asked. He was glad that he didn't have to face his father yet, but was wondering where he was.

And for that matter, where is Raph?
Back to top Go down
Donatello Hamato
Canon
Donatello Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 12:21 am

Don sighed heavily as Mike pointed out the current problems with this plan. "I know, Mikey. We'll have to be sneaky about it." But it wouldn't be easy at all. Especially with Raph onto him about the cat lady. But, still...Don thought it was doable.

When Leo asked about the whereabouts of Master Splinter and Raph, Don shook his head. "I have no idea, Leo." It bothered him that no one knew where they were, but at least he and Leo could talk about the other night. Now it was Don's turn to ask questions.

"Sooo, these new friend of yours -- how did they first react to you?"
Back to top Go down
Leonardo Hamato
Canon
Leonardo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 1:16 am

Leo didn't really feel right going behind Raph's back, but they had to help the cat girl if they could. Leo was going to ask more about her but Don beat him to it with a question of his own.

They reacted well. I met Lexi first, then her friends. Everyone was nice and accepting. There was some trouble with the foot and all of them stood up to protect me, even though it was just two foot and I could have handled it, the fact that they were willing to fight for me so soon after meeting me was amazing. They really are good people. Laz and Mikko use to be in the foot, but they quit. Lexi and her other friends are gang members, but, I think I can Lexi to quit. I don't know about the others. But I do trust them. And I can't wait for all of you to meet them.
Back to top Go down
Michelangelo Hamato
Canon
Michelangelo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 1:26 am

"Well, now that this Mikko has reformed, what are we going to do about the other Foot?" Mikey inquired. He didn't like the idea of the Foot going after them, but it was all the part of being a mutant. Sometimes he tried to make a game out of it. Usually the game gets a little tiresome. "You don't think they wouldn't turn us in?"

Mikey also didn't like going behind his brother's back, but he wanted to help the cat mutant also. And Mikey loved cats.
Back to top Go down
Donatello Hamato
Canon
Donatello Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 12:50 am

Don nodded, semi-satisfied with the explanation. "That's good, Leo." But, it still worried him about his brother having ex-Foot Clan friends. It all depended on how long they had been free of the Clan and if they were trying to trick Leo. Leo was normally a good judge of character, so Don didn't think he should worry too much about it yet.

Like Mikey and Leo, Don also didn't want to go behind Raph's back and especially their father's, but if this plan worked, they could have another ally. It was worth a shot. Don just had to fine-tune his ideas to get around the barricades that were the rest of his family that didn't approve of this little challenge.
Back to top Go down
Leonardo Hamato
Canon
Leonardo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 10:45 pm

Leo was growing anxitous he wanted to go back out and see Lexi. It seemed everyone else was doing fine here. So he stood up to excuse himself.

I'm heading out. I'm sure we'll figure out something with the cat girl soon. For now i have my own girl to worry about. he said with a smile. Plus someone should look for Raph before he gets himself killed.
Back to top Go down
Michelangelo Hamato
Canon
Michelangelo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:07 pm

"No way I'm going to look for Raph. He's going to kill me first. I'm sure he's fine, Leo. That guy can take care of himself. So you are not going to stick around while Don and I come up with a way to help the cat lady?" Mikey did not want his brother to go off to Lexi's by himself. He didn't like it. Splinter is right, what if something bad happen to him? To all of them? Maybe something bad could happen to Raph.

Maybe after they visit Love, they could start looking for Raph next. No need to worry Splinter. Not like he is worried or anything. Maybe he could give Love some of his prized pizzas...
Back to top Go down
Donatello Hamato
Canon
Donatello Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 11:06 pm

"I don't know, Leo..."

Don also didn't like the idea of them splitting up again. They could have gotten themselves into serious trouble the last time. And in some ways, they already had. Don wasn't exactly sure what would have happened if Raph hadn't shown up when he did. But Don did think he had things under control. Raph wouldn't agree, though.

As for the rest of them, Leo found trouble on his own the other night. Thankfully, everything worked out, but it could have been a whole lot worse. Don knew that Leo could handle himself just fine, but with Raph being the leader, Don really didn't want to be alone with him. He got off lucky the last time with his punishment. With Raph in charge...he could expect double or even triple what the other brothers were sentenced.

Mikey was doing the best with staying out of trouble. Don could hardly believe it, himself. Mikey? The 'good' one? Of course, he didn't really try to get involved with anything the other night. Which, since Don thought more about it, it was probably for the best. Things got a little hairy for the rest of them.

And Don didn't want to even think about Raph's extreme luck with coming home alive after his confrontation with the Shredder. Don was the one to fix his wounds, but he worried that the next time - if alone - Raph wouldn't be walking away like he did. Don didn't even want to think about the alternative.

The point was, they really had to come up with a plan to deal with the Shredder. They couldn't just stay hidden until the danger passed. The danger would follow them, no matter where they went. Even staying in the lair wouldn't help after a while.
Back to top Go down
Leonardo Hamato
Canon
Leonardo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:35 pm

It was obvious the two didn't want him to go anywhere. With a defeated sigh he sat back down. I'll just give her a call then. He told them and pulled out his phone. He looked at the others when a thought hit him.

You know Raph's birthday is coming up we need to think about what to do for that.

He knew inviting his new friends to the lair was really pushing it. And Raph wouldn't want a bunch of people around anyway. Of course little did he know, Raph already met two of the friends.

Finally he dialed Lexi's number and waited for her to answer.
Back to top Go down
Michelangelo Hamato
Canon
Michelangelo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:34 pm

Mikey's eyes lit up. If there is anyone who knows how to throw a good party it was the party animal himself. "Leave that to me, bro. I'll whip up some of the best pizza he ever had. And don't worry, I promise this time I will invent a pizza that won't make us puke." Mikey learned his lesson the last time they threw a party for Raph. Nobody took his peanut butter and reeses pizza too kindly. It was sickeningly sweet and smothered with other things that shouldn't go with chocolate.

Perhaps this time he will just add meat. Yeah, that was normal. Maybe he can make it a horror theme party. Raph did like to watch a lot of gore. Mikey had never been abig fan of horror himself. Some of it is okay, like the Child's Play films, but often times they made him queasy. But now was the time to think of himself. First, he has to make something for Love. He wish he can invite her but he doubt Splinter and Raph would want her here.

Mikey sighed. No wonder Leo wanted to bring friends over. Its no fun when you are celebrating a birthday with just your family. Having a few friends over would liven things up a bit. He wanted to have the opportunity to talk to Leo's new friends, including Lexi.
Back to top Go down
Donatello Hamato
Canon
Donatello Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 5:08 am

Don was pretty surprised that Leo wasn't going to leave them to see that girl.  But, the blue clad turtle was still going to call her.  Don was okay with that.  He really had to go out to check on Love, anyway, though.  So, in a sense, he wasn't any better than his eldest brother.

Then another subject came up -- Raph's birthday.  And yes, they had to plan for it.  Raph was never into parties much, but it didn't stop the rest of his family from trying.  The main thing was not letting Mikey make the food.  In fact, the further away from it, the better.  Don practically had nightmares from a few of Mikey's 'concoctions' in the past.  The thought still made him visibly shudder to this very day.

"You better make sure of that, Mikey."
Back to top Go down
Michelangelo Hamato
Canon
Michelangelo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:05 am

Mikey grinned sheepishly,"Trust me, Donnie. This pizza will be 100 percent normal." And with that in mind, he begin to search through the refrigerator. Okay, there was some ham, salami...what else? No pepperoni. So much for the perfect pizza for Raph. "I think we might need to do some grocery shopping."

He grabbed a brown plastic bag and started to stuff the rest of his homemade pizza to take back to Love. He hoped that she would appreciate his cooking.

"What kind of theme should we use for Raph's party? I know he likes horror films, so how about a horror themed party? We can dress up as our favorite monsters. And...watch his favorite horror films..." He shuddered. Horror films never had given him nightmares. His problem is the majority of horror films have a tendency to be so overrated. He hoped that Raph doesn't plan on making them watch the Saw movies. He has no clue what he sees in those films. Maybe he can bribe Raph into letting them have a Walking Dead marathon.

Back to top Go down
Leonardo Hamato
Canon
Leonardo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:15 pm

Lexi wrote:
"Hello?" She answered softly, keeping her tone low

Just hearing her voice put a smile on Leo's face. Of course he still thought he had at least a small chance with the woman. Wishful thinking.

Hey Lexi. It's Leo. I was wondering what you were up to tonight. Thought maybe we could hang out? Go to the park or something?

He could never take Lexi out on an actual date, but he could take her out for a walk at night so they could talk and get to know each other a little better. Hopefully she wasn't busy. He also wanted her to meet his brothers. But they seemed to be planing on going to see the cat girl.

I can pack us a dinner. We can eat by the lake.
Back to top Go down
Leonardo Hamato
Canon
Leonardo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 1:01 am

Lexi wrote:
"A walk sounds nice." Lexi told him, a smile in her tone. It was still misting rain outside, but those type of conditions had never stopped her from enjoying time outdoors. "Should I meet you at the park? Or are you coming here?'

Leo smiled even brighter and gave his brothers a thumbs up. I'll come over and get you. he told her, he wanted to pick up some flowers for her first. He had to make a good first impression.

I'll be there in about twenty minuets.
Back to top Go down
Leonardo Hamato
Canon
Leonardo Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:28 am

Lexi wrote:
"Okay, I'll see you soon!" With that Lexi hung up and slid the phone into her purse that was resting on the coffee table. Obviously the woman thought she was home for the night, but there was nothing wrong with being spontaneous.

Ok, Lexi. bye. Leo hung up and slipped his phone in his belt. I have a date. I need to get flowers. what kind of flowers do you get for a first date? Leo wanted everything to be perfect. He was trying to impress this girl after all. But he didn't know the first thing about dating or being with a woman.

Maybe I should get roses? Or is that too forward?

Leo stood up and grabbed some bento boxes to make a small dinner with. Are you guys going to the cat lady tonight?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]   Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don] Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats Love Got to Do With it? [Tag: Don]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next