TMNT Origins RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMNT RPG and Fandom Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Saving Grace [tag: April]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

Saving Grace [tag: April] Empty
PostSubject: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 2:04 am

Continued from: Drugs and Dates

Raphael honestly couldn't remember how he'd gotten from point A to point B, but it seemed within the blink of a sober ninja's eye, he had reached April's cozy apartment. Well, the rusted fire escape, anyway. The metal bars groaned with protest as the ninja staggered, obviously still heavily under the influence of his bad choices. Hell, bad choices were nothing new to the Turtle in red, but tonight had hosted a marathon of them.

Sighing deeply as if the gesture would ease his frustration, Raphael braced himself against the frame of the kitchen window, wondering if this was a good idea. He had alienated himself from his entire family and had walked away. So why was he here? Maybe it would be best to cut all ties with everyone, but deep down, the seemingly unbreakable Turtle just needed to crumble a little. April had become something of an older sister figure to him. Someone who understood, even when his own blood couldn't. Raphael was often hard to decode.. but somehow, she just got him.

Pushing back the nagging reluctance, Raph tested the kitchen window to see if it was unlocked, as she usually left it in case one of them needed a retreat. Fortunately it budged, and the drunken Reptile climbed in through the opening with all of the grace of a dying wildebeest. His large foot became ensnared in the curtains and his arrival was signified by the sound of something massive hitting the ground....
Back to top Go down
April O'Neil
Canon
April O'Neil

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 2:46 am

Her shower five minutes past gone and a toothbrush making it's familiar and well remembered dance around her mouth, eyes fastened not on the mirror in front of her but on the book clutched open by her thumb and pinkie at the current page, eyes wide as she read; 'the darkness of the long dank hallway seemed to feel like an oppressive force, every noise was mine and seemingly magnified, my own heart thudded obnoxiously loud, then there was the sound of rushing feet int he dark, big heavy feet rushing at me -'

Crash!

"Ahhh!" April yelps spinning on the spot hair towel loosening and falling off to the floor, toothbrush and book held in defense in front of her, stance low and elbows locked (trying not to splutter on the toothpaste she'd gulped down!)

The immediate bathroom was of course clear of anything and shaking off the shock of being startled from being totally engrossed in the book, April cautiously makes her way to where she figured the noise had come from. Creeping along, peering around the wall trying to blend in despite her luridly bright yellow boxer shorts and plain yellow cami.

What - or rather whom she saw on her kitchen floor with a tangle of curtains and curtain rod made her make a soft noise again and she quickly puts the book and her toothbrush on the spotless yet disorganized thanks to her piles of files and papers and laptop bench and hurries to the prone mutants' side, "Raph - oh you startled me!" she smiles her voice friendly and immensely relieved as she kneels to untangle the curtains from his large foot, "You okay?" she asks pushing the cloth and its rod aside once clear.

Last edited by April O'Neil on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 2:27 pm

Too intoxicated to fully understand what had just happened, Raphael was too stunned to move. Had someone come out of nowhere and tripped him? What an asshole thing to do! But surely that hadn't happened and he felt the culprit constrict around his ankle when he tried to move from his awkward position. Then out of nowhere, April appeared and began untangling him. If the ninja had his senses about him, he would have heard her long before she was beside him. Well, this was embarrassing. Taken down by curtains. Could this night possibly humiliate him any more??

"Yeah.. I'm okay. Yer curtain needs an attitude adjustment." He told her, figuring that she only needed to know about his physical well being for the moment at least. The smell of booze was still evident on his breath, eyes bloodshot from partaking of the 'herbs' Mikko had introduced him to. It took him a moment, but Raph finally found his footing and tried to keep from staggering. April didn't need to know that he was drunk, after all. Unfortunately he didn't realize that she could smell him. Funny how you can become too wasted to notice such things.

"I was hopin' that maybe I could crash here tonight.." Okay, considering his less than graceful entrance, 'crash' was probably a poor choice of words.
Back to top Go down
April O'Neil
Canon
April O'Neil

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 9:52 pm

Chuckling a little at Raph's gripe about her curtains April knelt back to give him room to move, "Well then they shall have an extra spin cycle."She assures her smile becoming curious as she watches him and his uncharacteristic unsteadiness, his question broke through a jumble of worried thoughts that he maybe playing down a serious injury of some sort and she nods without hesitation -

and it was then she took note of the smell, granted her turtles having to travel by rooftops or sewers always had a scent, either sweat or ... (but surprisingly very subtle!) This was a bit of the sweat smell but there was also - weed and alcohol?! Her 'big sis' radar was bleeping, something was up. But she knew from her own teenaged years indiscretions that a lecture, questioning or bothering Raph about it was not what he needed right now.

" Of course you can and try out the new sofa I got just for the purpose of crashing upon." she points towards the seemingly plain soft dark grey three seater sofa in the place where the old one had been. And technically it was second hand - but it was a reclining sofa! and when the foot rest was opened up the back could be pushed into an almost flat position! and she hoped would be much more comfortable for the crashing on. She would offer up the chance at a fresh hot coffee brew as soon as the unsteady Raph was comfy. Of course she could and would offer Robyn's room and bed, but usually this was turned down in favor of the couch.

Last edited by April O'Neil on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 11:53 pm

April's solution for reprimanding her curtains earned an amused snort from Raphael as he dusted himself off, even though he really didn't need to. It was probably more to do with him trying to make sure that all of him was there.. because he certainly didn't feel complete. Once that was out of the way, he made an attempt for the couch and it was nothing short of a miracle that he made it without taking any of her breakables out.

It was only then that Raphael registered that April had announced that she had gotten a new couch. It was certainly more comfortable than the old one. Deep down the Reptile wondered if he had worn it out as much as he had stayed here lately. The last time being when Leo had busted his snout. Of course, he had done worse to Leo, but his older brother had provoked it. Still, that didn't alleviate the guilt over cracking his shell.

Raph ran his calloused fingers over the soft cushions, sighing inwardly as he tried to silence his thoughts. It was pure chaos in his head right now, and being intoxicated made it impossible to sort things out. Mikko. His brothers. Love. Ugh!

"Thanks, Ape.." He finally managed, a sigh accompanying his defeated tone. "I... can't go home no more."
Back to top Go down
April O'Neil
Canon
April O'Neil

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 12:27 am

Glad Raph was comfortable, at least seemed so on her new sofa April was also extremely glad to note mentally he did not seemed to be favoring any limb and so at least physically he was fine - if intoxicated and this made her sigh ever so softly in relief.

She smiles as he inspects the new couch and has just opened her mouth to tell him the upgrade was only for their comfort purposes alone and not because the older one was on it's way out, even if to be honest it was a tad squished of late. But his words stopped her and his tone could not have been more down trodden and totally short circuited the 'big sis' radar.

"Oh... I am sorry," She sits beside him on the thick soft cushion arm rest of the new lounge, giving him her full attention. "What happened?"

Last edited by April O'Neil on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 1:13 am

What happened? Man, where was he even supposed to start? This night had certainly been anything but Raphael's friend. The large Reptile was quiet for a moment as he tried to wrap his mind around everything. He took a deep breath and shook his head as he exhaled the defeat that threatened to suffocate him. "Master Splinter wanted me to be the leader.. so I tried, but I.. I failed. I tried to keep my brothers safe, but they went behind my back to help a mutant that attacked Donnie." He told her, almost in one breath, words slightly slurred. It certainly felt good to get that off his chest. His brothers never listened. They just didn't care. He would always be the bad guy. The one who was always wrong. The fuck up. Not anymore. They would be free of him.

"I just.. tried to keep 'em safe. But.. they don't see that. They wanna make me the bad guy in this. And Mike was quick to pin the blame on me if Love kills again. The lil shit acts like he has a corn cob shoved up his ass lately..he's just.. weird. Not in a Mikey 'weird' kinda way.." The usually hot-headed Turtle was quick to clarify. "And Donnie.. I think he's under some kind of spell. He doesn't care about anything or anyone except that fuckin' cat. He's draggin' Mike along even though he knows what she's capable of... "
Back to top Go down
April O'Neil
Canon
April O'Neil

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 2:31 am

Quietly absorbing all Raph had said April did not immediately answer. And wasn't sure entirely what she could say right now at this moment that would be of any consolation to the big turtle, "Wow..." She breaths out, "Sounds like quiet the mess -" she commiserates with him shifting slightly so she rested against him a little, offering a little physical comfort without being all totally up in his space or forcing a hug unless he initiated it.

She could easily recall what she knew about this cat mutant and she would like the full story, and wondered if talking about it may help Raph vent some more, "I know I was briefed about that - but could you tell me the whole story?" she asks him as she thought about what he said about his brothers and the leadership role he had been given and so far felt he had failed.

She did have to fight small ironic smile, as dissimilar as Leonardo and Raphael were at times, she was certain Leo had voiced in the past the same feelings of failure to her.

Last edited by April O'Neil on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:24 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 1:13 am

When April leaned into him, Raphael certainly noticed the physical support that his friend was offering, and was deeply appreciative. She knew how to offer it without being too intrusive.. but then again, she was April. Sometimes it was scary just how well she understood. It was like an unspoken understanding that they had always shared. It was amazing, considering that they hadn't known the human very long, but she was better in tune to him than his own brothers.

"So there's this cat lady named Loooove." Raphael told her sourly, rolling his eyes and cursing the fact that he even had to say her name again tonight. His head was beginning to pound and he regretted having been so greedy with the alcohol. Tonight had been filled with foolish teenage boy mistakes. Perhaps their father had taught them better but then again, Raphael was still a 'kid'.

"Apparently she was a cannibal before mutation. She killed an' ate people. And even..turtles.." He shuddered slightly. "She kept bitchin' about bein' hungry.. so Donnie decided to help her. I tagged along, cuz big brother senses were tinglin'.. and it's a damn good thing I did. She attacked Donnie, prolly would have killed him if I wasn't there." He told her and reached for the bottle of booze that wasn't there. Damn 'beer-goggles'. So much for regretting the alcohol.

"She attacked him after he agreed to help her, Ape.." Raph's gaze shifted to her, hoping at least she would understand his problem with all this. No one else seemed to get it. "I told 'em not to go near her.. she's dangerous. But, Leo gave them the okay to go behind my back. They left me outta the loop. But.... that ain't the only reason I walked away..."

Back to top Go down
April O'Neil
Canon
April O'Neil

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 2:18 am

Meeting Raph's gaze, her own troubled and her mouth forming an 'o' of understanding as she listens to the full story - something she had been intensely curious of for a while now! - with a sad sigh she nods, not having to voice she understood his anger and hurt of being betrayed by his brothers going behind his shell like that, disregarding his role of leadership and his concern for their safety. Her soft hand on the one he moved as if reaching something. "I'm not sure what to say -"

It was certainly questionable to her... though she had a thought Donnie's stubbornness on the issue of the cat lady might be more as a preventative measure against future lives that could be endangered - though still... She would have to think on it some more - and probably hold off on trying to discuss it further right now. If her past experience with teenaged experimentation with drinking was anything to go by Raph could prob use a coffee and some pain relief right now, and a chance to keep getting things off his plastron.

She gives that hand a squeeze, "- want to share the other reason with me over a coffee?" She gestures vaguely back to her kitchen to encompass the kettle and stuff for coffee making. "I have some tylenol too if you could use some." She adds.

Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 2:54 am

Even though Raphael wasn't sure how to express his gratitude, he did appreciated April's small comforting gestures. Though, he still felt insecure every time a human's skin came into contact with him. Still, April was different. She had never looked at them with those judgmental eyes, and her gestures always felt so genuine.

It did feel good to get that off his chest and he was hoping for some 'big sis' advice, but for now it seemed that April didn't know what to say on the matter. That made him worry. Had he been wrong? Did she think that, too? When she offered to listen to him about the other reasoning over coffee and Tylenol, the red-clad Turtle nodded.

"Yeah...that sounds good."
Back to top Go down
April O'Neil
Canon
April O'Neil

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 3:31 am

April's smile grows and she offers another squeeze to his big hand. "then I'll put on a pot and then I wish to hear all that you are comfortable to share with me Raph, then I'll see if I can offer some advice or guidance or ideas on matters..." She assures him before moving so he knew she was not dismissing anything and also that she was giving him the 'floor' to talk and giving his troubled thoughts and feelings as he expressed them some in depth thinking.

And then she stands moving back to the kitchen to put on the pot and organize two mugs, her favorite and another new item, a big white hug with a red handle. She'd found some of different colors in target and decided to get ones matching the turtles and Splinter and even one for Casey!

Her fave mug was a personalized photo one that had a picture of her, Robyn and their father on it.

"I'll get the tylenol, hang on." She adds moving back to the bathroom where she had been earlier and finding the little still half full bottle of pills and shaking out two into her hand. She returns to the kitchen with them and finishes the coffee bringing them (and a packet of plain chocolate chip cookies on impulse) over to the couch, the whole interlude lasting about five minutes. Placing the steaming fresh hot drinks down and placing the pills beside Raph's and the packet of cookies between the two mugs she resumes her seat, only this time beside Raph on the couch itself so the minimal comforting contact was back but they had room to move with their coffee and still talk. "There we go..." inviting Raph to continue when he was ready.

Last edited by April O'Neil on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 6:35 am

April's tasks may have only taken five minutes, but that seemed like a painful eternity to a drunken Turtle that felt down on his luck. Pffft. Luck had never been on his side, really. It was just unfortunate that everything had unraveled at once. And now he was here, reeking of vodka and weed, and a nagging headache that seemed to pulsate with every beat of his heart.

Five minutes was a lot of time to think. Well, to make an attempt anyway. Everything was still a jumbled mess inside of his spinning mind. Just how much should he tell April? Could she possibly understand? One thing was for certain, it hurt too much to hold it all in. It began to cut like razors, tearing at his soul. He was slouched forward, elbows resting against his knees and palms pressing against his temples, trying to sooth the pounding in his head. When April returned, he straightened and leaned back against the cushions of the couch, but not without grabbing the Tylenol first, chasing them down with a sip of hot coffee. He had never been a fan of the stuff.. it was more Donnie's speed. But anything to get the bitterness out of his mouth.

He knew that April was expecting him to continue, but also knew that she wouldn't press if he decided against it. Truth was, he needed to get it out and April was the one to listen. "I don't make good decisions, Ape.." He told her, not realizing how obvious that was due to his current state. "I...I can't control myself sometimes.. I just react.." He sighed deeply as he reached for the mug, savoring the warmth between his callused palms. "I'm dangerous. I'm sure you heard what I did to Leo. I mean.. yeah, he needed an ass kickin' for challingin' me to a fight, but I went too far..I cracked his shell..." April would probably remember the incident because Raphael had ended up on her couch that night. "I went too far..but I didn't realize it until it was too late. It's like I zone out or somethin'..." Another saddened sigh and he looked at her with a hurt that he rarely allowed anyone to see, but was always there, just beneath the surface.

"I shoulda walked out then, but I didn't wanna leave 'em...I still don't, I'm just.. scared.." He admitted. "Then I was thrown into this leader position... and I already failed..." He frowned deeply, shaking his head. "I make bad decisions... I don't wanna hurt 'em anymore."
Back to top Go down
April O'Neil
Canon
April O'Neil

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 10:03 pm

Naawwwww!

It took all of her stubbornness and the knowledge that Raph was not usually the most open and snuggly of turtle mutants for April not to cave and pull him into a cuddle like she used to do to her sister Robyn.

That look he gave her!

“Raphie,” the endearment she only used with him, in ear shot of him and only when he was troubled (not like Mikey!) the last time in fact being when he had stayed over after injuring Leo. “Don’t lose hope, you have the potential, strength and more importantly love for your family to overcome that mistake and recognize the signs before going so far again. But it will take time and all of our support.” It sounded like a bad cheesy movie line but it was none the less true.

She holds her mug, blowing for a few seconds on the ‘blond and sweet’ coffee before carefully shifting herself so if Raph wanted he only had to slip an arm about her shoulders so she could sort of hug him, and if not then at least she was still lent against him maintaining the comforting contact. “you haven’t failed you know? you cannot fail at something you really have not had the chance to make a real go of yet. If you’re not ready to forgive you brothers yet for going behind your back, then don’t, give it time, but don’t be hesitant to try again when they make amends either. After all as good as intentions may be this Love thing might indeed go badly and you and I both know you will want to be there to help through whatever the fallout is.” They always trusted him to have their backs when the chips were down.

She thinks about his words on mistakes, granted the turtles situation was unique but in this instance he was the same as every other person out there. “You may of made some bad decisions Raph, but your were not the only one to have made the mistakes, and all of us whom have been a teenager – heck or even a young adults like me have made and at times still make bad choices, acting on impulses, been reckless, sometimes all three at once and in ways that have hurt those we care for most… what matters is what you learn from these mistakes… even if it’s just a more cautionary attitude towards a stiff drink and having a joint.” This part she added with just the littliest bit of teasing.

She understood, she really did, and hoped she conveyed as such.

Last edited by April O'Neil on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 1:12 am

April was probably the only person under the sun that could get away with calling the ol' hot-head 'Raphie'. He was quiet as he listened to her, trying to get a handle on his emotions. All he had done.. all the mistakes that he made brought him nearly to tears, but he wouldn't let them fall. No. He couldn't allow himself to become that weak.

The large Reptile rolled the cup between his palms ever so slightly, the welcoming steam caressing his face. It was welcomed, as was April's advice. She understood that it may be difficult to forgive his brothers right now, and that was okay. It still hurt, and he knew it would certainly take time. In fact, everything would take time.

He finally placed his mug back onto the coffee table and slowly placed an arm around April, closing the distance between them. The red-clad bad boy buried his face against her shoulder as he hugged her ever so gently. Normally Raphael was not affectionate and certainly wasn't a 'hugger', but even he needed it sometimes, and tonight was definitely one of those instances.

"Thanks, Ape.." He whispered quietly, exhaling against her before finally straightening up. Just talking to her had eased some of the pain, to at least know that he wasn't alone, and one person understood. Her last comment earned a sheepish grin, something as foreign to his lips as the weed had been.

"You can smell it, huh?" He asked, sparing an apologetic look. Maybe it was a common thing for human teenagers, but it was a risk they should never take. Still, there would always be a part of Raphael that yearned to be 'normal', to make the mistakes that were expected of humans his age. This life.. it just wasn't fair.

"I think I'm makin' all the 'stupid teenager' mistakes.." He told her with a sigh, once again reaching for his coffee... "I... met someone. A girl..er.. woman..."
Back to top Go down
April O'Neil
Canon
April O'Neil

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 1:55 am

When Raph shifted to draw her closer into the hug April momentarily cupped the back of his head, thumb brushing the red do rag and him for a moment in silent assurance he could always find her willing to listen and talk.

When he straightened April tucked herself under his arm to his side - he was going to have to hold his coffee one handed for a while. Her own she sips at and giggles against the mug a little after swallowing a mouthful. "Yeah I could smell it - but it wasn't the smell that gave it away - it was my naughty curtains taking advantage of your inebriation and tripping you up." she winks and smiles. "Usually these teenaged mistakes like bad things come in threes."

Then blinks and her mouth makes an 'o' of surprise head resting back against his arm raising an eye brow and a curious smile on her lips, "oh... ? what happened...?" again inviting him to share as much as he wanted, her big sister radar again bleeped and her curiosity piqued.

Last edited by April O'Neil on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 2:44 am

Raphael was content with leaving his arm just where it was, and allowing her to be so close to him. It was something that few had ever accomplished. It felt nice to let someone past those walls that had gone unbroken for so long. Now April was curious about this woman, and while Raphael wanted some womanly advice, 'big red' wasn't sure just how much she needed... or wanted to know...

"Well... it's a long story.." He began, finally relinquishing his hold on the mug and placing it on the end table, then awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. "She was a Foot. But after she agreed to leave Leo alone, Shredder banished her. I know.. I shoulda left her alone, but she kinda helped me after some Foot ninjas in ugly hats came outta nowhere and tranquilized me." There was a long pause as he thought back to that night. Some things were still blurry. Perhaps from the drugs that had been coursing through his veins. Enough to drop a few elephants.

"She helped me back to Gabe's house so I could sleep it off. But.. then things got weird. She came onto me an'... well.... things happened..." He looked at April, wondering if she would even believe him. Of course she would. Why would he make something like that up? Still, he felt awkward mentioning this to a female, but that's what he needed.. a woman's advice. "I didn't want to. I mean..I did.. but I didn't an'... it happened..." He sighed deeply.

"I mean.. I guess I should be happy that I had.. that experience but... I dunno. I wanted to know 'er.. know if it was ..'right'.. first..." And he would spare her the details about how 'difficult' the experience had been for Mikko, and how he went into beast mode...

"We had a date tonight..an'.. she brought booze and pot. I shoulda said no, but I didn't.." Another long sigh as he gently leaned into her, like a child needing some form of reassurance. "She kept makin' advances even though I told 'er I wasn't comfortable. She got mad and left.." And there it was, that familiar sadness that had a habit of dripping from his words, that look of rejection once again reflecting in his gaze. "I guess I was just a novelty to 'er.."
Back to top Go down
April O'Neil
Canon
April O'Neil

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 7:34 am

Though she had made a slight grimace at the mention of Foot, April decided not to comment- who was she to judge? Though the fact this woman (how much older than Raph was this lady!?) was ex Foot and thought the best way to jump her 'lil' green bro's bones was to get him high and wasted raised several red flags in her mind. But she was no princess when it had came to her first few sexcapades so again she just listened not once doubting or question or showing any signs of the talk being awkward or uncomfortable. Yes, she had to fight down any inner girlie giggling - or treating this as she figured Casey might and bring on the 'Raphael got some booty' song (and probably highly inappropriate dance to go with it), but she was neither awkward or uncomfortable with the direction the talk went.

Hearing Raph's voice become sad again, her now empty mug found itself abandoned in her lap as he leaned into her and she raises the now mug free hand to lightly rub his other shoulder before resting there as a big sis or parent might in an effort to console. "I'd like to say that there is no way you were or are just a novelty boy toy Raph, but I don't know this woman enough to say other wise, it could be that indeed she is just curious and wants to experience a mutant lover for a while, or maybe she is making a sincere effort in her own twisted way, or maybe is just using you as self gratification and validation." She tugs lightly on the red do rag as she talks obviously thinking over her words. "That comes back to this only time will tell or she will tell you - and deciding what you are okay with once you know. Don't be afraid to take a chance though, or let yourself feel it is a mistake to say no." She leans her cheek on the shoulder of the arm around her thinking about what he had told her and had to wonder - was it just this woman's no doubt to conflicting and probably confusing signals that bothered him?

"Is that why you were uncomfortable with her sexual advances on your date earlier tonight? because you are not sure what she wants from you?... or is it something else?"
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 2:38 am

Raphael listened as April spoke, giving her insight and what advice she could on the matter. He gave a small but unsure nod, knowing that it would take time to decode her feelings and his very own.. if there was anything there. Sure, he liked Mikko but the truth was, he didn't know her that well. The ex ninja didn't know him, either. She knew absolutely nothing about him the moment she stepped into that bedroom with less than innocent intentions.

April's comment raised some pretty big questions. Just what was he okay with? It was too many internal questions that his intoxicated mind just couldn't keep up with. With a deep sigh, he gently rested his cheek against April's head, feeling the exhaustion's tug becoming more urgent. Yeah. He would certainly sleep well tonight, thanks to the booze.

"Yeah.." He answered quietly, but felt a little embarrassed about her last question. "It's.. both...there's.... somethin' else.." He admitted a little awkwardly. He felt an unfamiliar heat in his cheeks, one of the rare instances that his embarrassment had been highlighted in such an involuntary physical way..

"I...kinda zoned out when I was with 'er.." He admitted cautiously. Never had he wanted for April to see him as an animal. She had never looked at him like that.. the way the rest of the world did. Yet, he was confessing one of his deepest darkest secrets. "Her scent set me off.. I couldn't think... I jus'.. reacted.." There was a long pause as he tried to swallow down the awkwardness. "And.. not to brag, but...I ain't exactly 'normal size'..."

Back to top Go down
April O'Neil
Canon
April O'Neil

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 3:14 am

"Dont rush your decisions on the matter Raph, and your probably aware but sometimes putting youself out there might end up in heart ache." even as she cautioned April could not help chuckling, "I know quiet a lot about turtle anatomy, I dug out all my old books on turtle care and got some more up to date ones after meeting up with you guys... And rodent care too. so you go right ahead and do some naturally endowed bragging." she gestures to her book shelf. She was fussy about this and it was stacked alphabetically by author.

She traces lazy patterns on his plastron, knowing as he rested his cheek on her he was probably beginning to feel the lethargic effects of the entire evening pulling at him.

"though, I won't go into details about sex tonight, but I can tomorrow or another day when your not hung over. Or at least give you some advice, only if you would like to hear it of course, you may find it might be beneficial to have the inside scoop from a woman. And I can answer any questions you may have." she says not at all awkward or uncomfortable by the talk, "like I said before about the zone, it takes practice and you recognizing the signs and learning to pull away, and I wouldn't worry, if This lady wanted more it couldn't have been too damaging... Maybe a little painful and scary for you both but that is probably more to do with your lack of experience." she was trying to be reassuring to help put his troubled thoughts of the night to rest for now at least and honestly willing to help arm the big red with all the knowledge she could... If he was willing and only after he had slept off the booze and weed.

Last edited by April O'Neil on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 12:39 am

"Ah, we made you curious about Turtles, huh?" Raphael couldn't suppress a tiny grin that hinted at his amusement. Though, he hoped the imagery hadn't horrified her too badly. "Mutation made all that a lil.. easier to look at..." But they were still blessed and cursed with size that would make most human males envious. Unfortunately, however, you could be too big. Still, maybe if he got a handle on his 'instinct', this would be doable. Then again, he had probably ran Mikko off since he wasn't so willing to 'put out'.

"Yeah, I think I'll take you up on that offer.." The large mutant accepted as he yawned tiredly, and tried to stretch out his legs. Yeah. Fatigue was creeping in quickly and already his heavy eyelids were beginning to flutter. "Guess I'm lucky to have a woman give me advice..." Well, he didn't only think. He knew. Otherwise he would have to learn everything the hard way, and it wasn't like he had a whole line of women waiting for him to get it right.

Another massive yawn and he shifted his head to free April, just in case she didn't want to be his own personal pillow for the rest of the night. "Heh.. I guess I need to sleep this off. Guess I'm a light weight..."
Back to top Go down
April O'Neil
Canon
April O'Neil

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 1:17 am

April giggles, "Yes, and I wanted to be of help to Master Splinter and Donnie when and if yous got seriously hurt or ill." She whispers knowing that her mutant snuggle buddy was beginning to drift off adding to his comment on luck, "That's what big sisters are for Raphie. We'll go through that tomorrow or the day after then." the endearment slipped out again as she figures the big turtle needed to try out the new properties of the second hand but 'new' couch.

She lightly taps him to focus him a little longer, "The switch to put the foot out is nearest your side Raph, and if you lean back the lounge will spread out almost totally flat, you should be able to comfortable stretch out completely." her voice was soft and she grabs the super soft and warm fleece grey throw to lightly toss over Raph, the arms of the sofa would have to do him for now as pillows - but she made a mental note to get some new big cushions for that purpose one day as soon as she could.

Tomorrow she would ask Raph if it was okay with him if she let his brothers and father know he was safe.

Last edited by April O'Neil on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 1:45 am

Raphael flashed April a cheeky look that conveyed that he didn't completely buy the whole 'just in case you guys get hurt or injured' spill. Nah. She was curious about their anatomy in other ways, he figured. Hell, it was understandable. He had a whole stack of well hidden playboy magazines for the same purpose. For that, and he was a teenage boy, after all.

The sleepy Reptile listened as April instructed him on how to operate the couch, and with a tug of the lever, it flattened out into a nice sized 'bed'. A hint of a grin tugged at the corners of his scarred lips as he shifted into a comfortable position, now resting on his side. "Yeah, I have to say.. this is a huge improvement. Not that I didn't love yer old couch. We became close.." He said, fighting back another hardy yawn.

"Thanks, Ape." He told her, deep gaze conveying his sincere gratitude. "Yer an Angel."
Back to top Go down
April O'Neil
Canon
April O'Neil

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 2:44 am

April pokes her tongue out at Raph's cheeky look but admits with a soft mock huff as she spreads the fleece throw, "oh alright you got me, I was in fact very curious about everything about yous and Master Splinter." she admits, her home was all but dark thanks to the kitchen light, and thanks to the way Raph pushed the couch into flat position it was barely noticeable.

And she winks slowly raising up out of the totally reclined position she found herself in to do another thing it occurred to her Raph probably only let her do aside from calling him Raphie and snuggling him - and that was undoing the tight knot and slipping off his red do rag so the knot would not annoy his no doubt going to be very painful head in the morning or anytime during the night, "I plan to coax Casey to either take the old couch, so you and the old buddy wont be apart for long." she teases playfully, or give it to them of course.

"always knew I was so good it was mystical." Her giggling fades and the teasing smile becomes gentle and like a big sis her forehead meets his momentarily hand massaging the back of his neck before pecking His nose and giving the fleece throw a toss,covering her large reptilian 'lil' brother. "your always very very welcomed Raphie." she murmurs shifting her weight to the edge of the couch and placing his do rag onto the coffee table, gathering up the two empty cups.

Last edited by April O'Neil on Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Raphael Hamato
Canon
Raphael Hamato

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 12:08 pm

Indeed, only April could get away with this much and the sisterly peck on the snout caused his cheeks to flush. Yeah. He wasn't too intoxicated for his troubled mind to process that gesture. It was welcomed and earned a hint of a grin that quickly gave into a yawn. Man, alcohol and weed could really take a lot out of you.

"Glad to know my ol' friend will be in good hands.." Raph replied quietly in regards to the couch, his voice giving into sleep's unrelenting pull. "Well..semi good hands.." Because Casey wasn't always the most careful. Hell, he was never. But surely the old furniture would get a little extra TLC considering it came from April.

Raphael churred ever so softly, enjoying the gentle caresses against his neck. Yeah. April had a way of taming the beast within. The soothing gestures seemed to alleviate the tension and stresses of his mind, and there was only the here and now and the two of them. Contentment eased his troubled features as he finally lost the battle with heavy eyelids, and he managed to give April's hand a gentle, appreciative squeeze. "'Night, April."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saving Grace [tag: April]   Saving Grace [tag: April] Empty

Back to top Go down

Saving Grace [tag: April]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next