TMNT Origins RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMNT RPG and Fandom Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Got Plots?

Go down 
+7
KittyGrl
Rogue
D-Tron
Cowgirl M
Mikko McKinnon
Erica Martins
Maddie
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 9:54 pm

Just throwing this up as kind of a brain storm thread. I know a few crucial key points that we need to cover are the guys' meeting with April, and then Casey. Of course, we do need to find an April player, and it would be awesome if we could land a Mikey, too. So yeah... spread the word!!

I was wondering if anyone had any plot ideas in mind once we get the other stuff established?

Also, I was hoping that we could keep the Turtles single for awhile.. you know. Establish the brotherly bonds and have interactions before becoming sidelined and distracted by some girl. Razz Leaves more room for Canon development. Personally, I don't like the idea of OCs being created specifically for a turtle and I feel any relationship that does happen, should do so naturally. Not mail order girlfriend style. Razz

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
https://tmntorigins.rpg-board.net

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 10:27 pm

Agreed. To be honest, I never understood the whole insta-g/f anyway. It seems more like fan-fic stuff that doesn't belong in roleplay but on tumblr or livejournal. But that's just my opinion, of course. OC's should have a purpose for being on here instead of 'Oooo, a turtle! I want Donnie!!!111'... -.-

It needs to be a roleplay, not a personal webpage for fic writing. More canons = better development FOR the canons already established here. That isn't to say OC's will be dismissed entirely but for canon development it is better to have more canons. For example, it's better to develop their relationship with Casey and April BEFORE jumping to Generic Mutant #000159. Again, just my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Razz

I think they should already know of April and Casey or have them meet just like in the comics. No need to change what works just fine. April can be running from mousers and Baxter, the turtles save her and they form a friendship. Raph can get banished for a little while and run into everyone's favorite vigilante as he attempts to stop Casey from busting out kneecaps just for lifting candy from a local vendor. xP

You know, stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 10:37 pm

Ok first of all I DO want Donnie cheers score! uh but yeah they should stay single for a while. uh sense we don't have an april lets just focus on them meeting Casey. and Raph can run away in one of his tit fits and meet case.

As for a plot.....well I had an idea for Baxter. I was going to have him go totally nuts and hang up the mousers once and for all, lets face it they are way over used. and he was going to start kidnapping homeless people and turning them into robots. then when he ran out of homeless peeps he would start luring in other people promising money or something.

the human robots would do various things, kill Baxters enemies, rob banks. pretty much what the mousers did I suppose. but the thing is, who knows if they are still human or if they are compleatly taken over by the machine.

Maybe he even grabs some Dragons so it becomes a problem for Hun and catches the interest of shredder....or something
Back to top Go down
http://toxic-asylum.tumblr.com/

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 3:16 pm

Big surprise... Rolling Eyes

So, Baxter wants to kidnap homeless people and make them robots? That sounds quite hokey. I like the Mousers idea myself because it just makes sense. It's a lot easier to explain how he creates those than it would be to explain how people start vanishing only to show up as robots. Just causes a whole list of complex issues. I doubt people would turn a blind eye to some scientist ripping hobos off the sidewalk and kidnapping them. But that's just me. A good start for your ideas, though. pig

If I finish Bishop in the next day or so I might start something off with him. Investigating mutant witness accounts and looking for monsters and creatures in the area to experiment on, something like that. Holding off on Casey for now due to lack of an April. I actually had an idea of Mikey being kidnapped since we don't currently have one; to explain why. Just to start off with something until we get a Mikey. Say Bishop found him. I dunno, just throwing out ideas here. ^^

I think we do need to put up an established plot before we start rping though so threads don't end up contradicting the premise of the rp. If you need help with it, Rogue, get with me on aim. I might have some ideas for a general site plot.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:22 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking we should just stick to the Turtles already knowing April and Casey. I guess there's really no need to play that out because it would simply be reenacting what has already been set in stone. April with the mousers, Casey and Raphie butting heads..etc. That would free us up to move to something unscripted. ^^

I will be on AIM tonight and we can discuss a starting plot. ^^ I think Mike being kidnapped would definitely be a good idea since we have no little orange dude *sniffles*

About to do some major advertising, so hopefully that will land us a few of our essential canons. *crosses fingers*
Back to top Go down
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 10:43 pm

if we can't find a mike by the end of next week I can take up the youngster! never played Mike before could be fun.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 11:10 pm

Don't you have enough canon characters? Razz

I appreciate it, but would really like to keep him open for awhile to give new members a chance. No one is going to want to join if all we have left is B- chars to choose from. I understand the temptation, trust me. Almost signed up with him last night because there's just a lot missing without him causing havoc on the forum. I think we'll find one. I mean, he's a fan fave. just gonna take time. Still trying to find good places to advertise. >.<
Back to top Go down
KittyGrl

KittyGrl

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 12:38 am

Oh, Mike is definitely a fun turtle to play.Laughing I, too, have had severe temptations to take him multiple times. Razz But, I understand we need to keep him open for someone else. The problem is, I'm not really on many forums anymore to advertise. I used to be on seven at once. Sadly, most of those have faded away now. Sad I had hoped that the new movie would have sparked more interest and more forums, but I guess that's not the case.

We'll find someone -- I know we will! ^^
Back to top Go down
Maddie

Maddie

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:52 pm

Umh... heh... *twiddle* So for the last few days I've had this vague idea wander into my head and since it won't go away, maybe I'll throw it out there and see if anyone wants to develop it...

partially wondering what to do with my character (characters, if Antoniette passes muster, waiting for some feedback if things need changing or if she's just a bad fit period before I add the missing RP sample) and I thought maybe it might be cool if Maddie over some time, discovering other mutants, sort of starts a kind of home or organization specifically to offer shelter and aid and somewhere to live (potentially) to fellow mutants who don't want to pose a threat? Possibly with either Toni's/Love's help.

Mosty, it would just give my character something to do while the cannons are getting sorted out, and possibly lay in ground work for future players who might join wanting mutant OCs? There might even be room for it to grow into like a fourth 'presence' like the Foot/Dragons/TMNT. Maybe a little like a homeless shelter version of Charle's Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters? I dunno... it feels like an idea with potential to me anyway ^^ Something that could grow gradually, possibly even kind of on accident out of Maddie's desire to help others like herself who are struggling.

--M
Back to top Go down
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:58 pm

I think that's a cute idea. I mean we don't want mutant OCs knowing and attaching themselves to the tmnt right away. So having a little shelter like deal would be cool, love would totally help with that. right now as per love's profile (that still needs to be approved) I have Maddie and Love living in a water tower. So we can play off of that. maybe Bishop finds out about the shelter and sends a mutant that works for him into the shelter to spy, or shredder could do that same.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:07 pm

Ooooh, I likes. ^^ Think that would be a good starting point for you guys.
Back to top Go down
Maddie

Maddie

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:14 pm

That's kind of what I was thinking too might happen. Evil organizations either trying to use it as a recruiting ground, or sending spys to keep them from becoming powerful; or just angry mutants who want to take advantage of a source of resources.

Potantially, on the UPside, being a gathering (eventually) of mutants they might just be able to defend themselves and become a presence of their own if they can figure out how to support each other (or I suppose anyone who happens to support mutants even if they themselves aren't mutant), making them potential allies to the TMNT/a gathering point for TMNT supporters or something?
On the more substantial DOWNside, they'd also eventually end up making themselves a target for the evil forces in many I'm sure obvious ways.

There'd also be the risk of someone more selfish and self serving taking control of the concept/group (if there ever was one, even a small one) away from Maddie and maybe making them into their own stand alone third evil presence, like a gang of mutants rather than a band of them whiiich could be bad and plenty of fodder for awesome fight scenes and so on.
As they say, 'the road to hell is paved in good intentions'

Not that any or all of that has to happen, and certainly not quickly. I just think its an idea with room to grow in a lot of different directions I guess is all  I mean to say? and also give friendly OCs something to do without having to rush off and meet a turtle/cannon first thing after their app is approved. *shrug*

--M
Back to top Go down
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:17 pm

the only question would be, where are these mutants coming from? Love and Maddie came from Bishop. I doubt many mutants can escape him. I'm playing with the idea that Bishop let them leave for some reason, I'll have to talk to bishop about that.

Maybe there was like, a mutation spill, shit went down and the gov tried to cover it up.

mutant hunters could come from it. I do like the idea of a mutant gang breaking off from the rest of the group. Hun could see that as a threat and go after them.
Back to top Go down
Maddie

Maddie

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:24 pm

I dunno, I suppose that would be up to the potential players of new mutants to explain. I'm kind of hoping it would just be something to set in -motion- and allow some growth for new members if/when any join? Something to send them off to go do, or suggest they do with their characters? *shrug*

I don't even think there would need to be a lot of them. I mean the TMNT are only four (five, if you count splinter?), and albeit they have training, but they still have other advantages that make them formidable. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was expecting there to be a huge flood of mutants, just that if there ended up being a population in game over time, it would be something to focus their attention, again as I mentioned, with room to grow if it became needed.
Back to top Go down

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 1:02 am

I'm thinking Maddie could get a lot of her npc customers from an underground mutant fight club started by Saki and some of his affiliates. Having a shelter for those who lose the fights and lose the money would need a safe haven until things improve for them. So I had that in mind. I'm working on a intro for Shredder and The Foot so I can add some of this in, see where it leads and go from there if that sounds alright.

But yeah, mainly Saki or Bishop would certainly be involved. Saki for the curiosity surrounding the mutagen's properties and Bishop for obvious reasons. I don't intend to make him some 'Oh I'm evil and you know it! Mwahahahaha!' kind of character, Bishop I mean. He'll be suave, sly and cunning for sure. It won't be so easy to realize it at first and tbh I never seen him as a villain anyway. Just a gray area character.

So there's always that to toy around with. May have some of his men kidnap Mike to explain his absence.

I see no issues with Maddie starting a home and be sort of this caring, motherly type of mutant. It seems fine to me and I think it makes sense that some kind of shelter for them would indeed exist. It's not impossible to imagine. Mutants would need a safe haven all their own and it would fit well I think. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cowgirl M

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 11:44 pm

Okay, I got a question for some of you guys about affiliation. Does the OC necessary have to be a part of the Foot or Purple Dragons? I have an idea for an OC who acts as an independent agent. She models herself after the kunoichi. She's completely separated from the Foot, though. I was wondering if that is acceptable?
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 11:48 pm

Hi there!
And nope, OCs don't have to be affiliated with either Dragons or Foot. You're free to step outside the box. Wink Can't wait to see your creation! ^^
Back to top Go down
Cowgirl M

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 11:51 pm

Hi there! *waves* I just decided to come out of retirement and thought it would be nice to RP again. I hear you are looking for a Mike player too?

And sure! I really hope you like her. I try to give her as much depth as I possibly can.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 11:54 pm

Awww, well we're glad to have you! ^^

And yes, we're still looking for a Mikey! Interested?
Back to top Go down
Cowgirl M

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 11:57 pm

I'm thinking about it. Right now, I'm trying to figure out Mike's personality. I noticed that you guys mix origins from other universes, and I'm trying to go for the best one.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:02 am

Woot! Well so far personality-wise we've been basing off the 2014 flick. Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
Cowgirl M

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:07 am

Okay, thanks! I'm going to need some help, though. I need an avatar and things like that. BTW, my HTML skills suck.

Well, now I have two profiles I need to work on. My OCs and Mike's. Right now I'm working on my OCs, and after that, I will work on Mike's. Is that cool?
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:58 am

Sounds good! ^^ I'll see what I can do about whipping up some avvies for Mike and send them your way!
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:43 am

Here ya go, my dear. Hope one of these tickle your fancy! ^^

Got Plots? Mikey2014 Got Plots? Mikey2014-2 Got Plots? Mikey2014-3 Got Plots? Mikey2014-4 Got Plots? Mikey2014-5
Back to top Go down
Cowgirl M

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:01 am

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. And congrats, you've found yourself someone who is willing to play Mikey. Yay.

Oh and I hear you about OCs being slapped with the Turtles. I had witnessed public meltdowns on forums because they want to hook up with the most popular character of the week. Wahh, I want to pair up with this *insert canon character* character with my Mary Sue! It is this reason why I go out of my way to develop my characters, so that I don't have to put up with this shit.

I agree fan fiction and roleplaying storylines should be kept separated. Fan Fiction is fine and dandy, but because of my bad experience with RPers, I started to get more strict about fan fiction in general, especially in the case of OCs paired up with the Turtles. I would rather prefer if the relationships happen gradually.

And I understand temptation. I wouldn't mind having my OC paired up with Leo, Raphael or any of the other Turtles. But I agree, let them get to know the OC first before they jump on their shells.

Besides, the only one who should be distracted by a leggy girl is Mike. *winks* Still laughing at how Mikko made the bad boy squirm. tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got Plots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? Empty

Back to top Go down

Got Plots?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMNT Origins RPG :: The Land of the Dead :: The Archives-
Jump to: