TMNT Origins RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMNT RPG and Fandom Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Got Plots?

Go down 
+7
KittyGrl
Rogue
D-Tron
Cowgirl M
Mikko McKinnon
Erica Martins
Maddie
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

Got Plots? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 10:59 am

Yay Mikey!! ^^

Yeah, I've seen too many instances where an OC was created for the sole purpose of hooking up with a turtle. It's especially tragic when it happens right off the bat, before players can establish any sort of relationship with their turtles as brothers.  Because who has time for bros when they have an obsessed chick dangling from their tail?  Razz

Just wanted to avoid that train wreck from happening here. Relationships should definitely be developed between characters instead of forced, because unlike fan fic you have the whole element of unscripted chemistry. That's the whole beauty of RP. Development between players.

Haha... yeeeah, poor Raphie wasn't ready for that kind of heat. Razz Mikko really knows how to make a badass squirm. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://tmntorigins.rpg-board.net
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:43 pm

^_^ all in a days work for out favorite psycho.

and yay a Mikey so excited!

I had a quick question about the foot. would it be cool if they had night vision shit in their hoods? It just seems that they would sense most of their dealings are in the dark. plus I want Mikko to see who the hell just pinned her to a table bounce bounce bounce bounce

(side note. I'm back in business. I fixed my computer! yay!)
Back to top Go down
http://toxic-asylum.tumblr.com/
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:52 pm

Yay for fixed computers!! ^^

And yesh, the built in night vision goggles is fine! ^^
Back to top Go down
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:54 pm

woo awesome oh and I added a human pic of love on her profile
Back to top Go down
Cowgirl M

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Rogue wrote:
Yay Mikey!! ^^

Yeah, I've seen too many instances where an OC was created for the sole purpose of hooking up with a turtle. It's especially tragic when it happens right off the bat, before players can establish any sort of relationship with their turtles as brothers.  Because who has time for bros when they have an obsessed chick dangling from their tail?  Razz

Just wanted to avoid that train wreck from happening here. Relationships should definitely be developed between characters instead of forced, because unlike fan fic you have the whole element of unscripted chemistry. That's the whole beauty of RP. Development between players.

Haha... yeeeah, poor Raphie wasn't ready for that kind of heat. Razz Mikko really knows how to make a badass squirm. Wink

*laughs* Guilty. I was involved in a RP were there was no story, nothing. Just the OC and the Turtle getting it on. Sometimes you keep forgetting what the story is about when you make an OC. Fan Fiction should be centered on the Turtles, OCs should be just an extension. It really is tragic to see OCs with so much potential be used to sex up the TMNT, or any character in general.

Why do I get the feeling Raph is just...shy and insecure around girls? That would be an interesting plot idea.

Well, as for my idea for a story, what I had in mind is the OC operates as an independent.  Yes, she does know ninjitsu, yet her techniques and skills are like the kunoichi from the Edo period. I was thinking maybe she can be hired to get rid of troublesome targets. However, she's not very trustworthy; she has a habit of switching sides. She's a triple agent.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 10:38 pm

Cowgirl M wrote:

*laughs* Guilty. I was involved in a RP were there was no story, nothing. Just the OC and the Turtle getting it on. Sometimes you keep forgetting what the story is about when you make an OC. Fan Fiction should be centered on the Turtles, OCs should be just an extension. It really is tragic to see OCs with so much potential be used to sex up the TMNT, or any character in general.

Hehe, I think we've all been guilty at one point or another. I mean, when there's nothing else going on.. shag a turtle! It the plot is getting thick as sin, shag a turtle! There's always reason to do so. Razz I definitely understand the temptation, but yeah. OCs should be more than just sex dolls.

Quote :

Why do I get the feeling Raph is just...shy and insecure around girls? That would be an interesting plot idea.

LoL.. I think at this point, that's certainly the case. He hasn't had a whole lot of interaction with humans or females, except April. Oh, and the damsels in distress that scream in his face. That certainly helps insecurities.

Quote :

Well, as for my idea for a story, what I had in mind is the OC operates as an independent.  Yes, she does know ninjitsu, yet her techniques and skills are like the kunoichi from the Edo period. I was thinking maybe she can be hired to get rid of troublesome targets. However, she's not very trustworthy; she has a habit of switching sides. She's a triple agent.

Ooooh, an independent assassin, I likes! I can't wait to see her profile, she sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
Cowgirl M

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 5:50 am

She's finished and waiting to be approved.

I think she's going to get along well with a certain hot head. I'm not so sure how she's going to get along with everybody else. She's not exactly friendly.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 10:55 am

Yay!! And all approved! ^^

Oh, I'm sure she and Mr. Attitude are gonna reeeeeally hit it off. Razz And hey, I'm sure if the others can deal with Red, they can tolerate her. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cowgirl M

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Never mind, I already found one. I appreciate the offer, nonetheless. The face seems close enough to her age and fits the whole punk/goth/J-Rock scene.

And I'm putting the finishing touches on Mikey's profile. Then we're good to go. Now all we need is a plot...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Hope this thread hasn't been forgotten about. I think this is the perfect place to discuss plotting ideas and whatnot. But anywho, I figure it's about time we start work on the 2nd plot for Origins. I can't speak for Rogue, if she disagrees then fair enough. I can only speak for me. But I do have a couple of ideas! ^^

1) Mutants: Well, this one is obvious. What if Baxter, or even Saki assuming he uses his top scientists, unleashes a shit-ton of genetically-altered beings through the sewers? Kind of a play on Mousers but it's mutants. I just find mutants to be more threatening since they each have different abilities, strengths and weaknesses. But like I said, simple and easy.

2) Shellshocked: This idea would involve the Foot Clan pooling their resources to hunt down any traces of the turtles and leftover mutagen for use by Shredder. I could come up with NPC mutations he can make, aside from BnR. They would act as a mini-threat for the TMNT until I can work on BnR at some point. Sort of replace them with these NPC-OCs for this plot. Basically, it would involve Bradford, Karai, Junko, any other Feet we can think of to toss in. The twist would be Karai has already tipped off the guys, mainly Leo to tell the others, that her father is putting together a plan to find them and hold them captive. This makes it fun, elusive and thriller-ish. A lot of backstabbing and such.

So far, that's all I got but it's something. If you guys wanna toss any ideas around, go for it! That's what this is for anyway! Nothing set in stone, just a building block for other ideas. ^^
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Yaay, ideas! ^^ Both of them sound awesome, but I really like the 'Shellshocked' plot since it involves some of the ideas we've been tossing around in chat. It'll be interesting to see where everyone's loyalties are in all of this...mainly Junko and Mikko. (Karai being Karai and having already befriended Leo...I think we know what she will do Wink )

I know I've probably mentioned this in chat, but I'm really enjoying the idea of one of Leo's 'leader calls' backfiring and it ending badly for Raphael. You know, Leo needs a couple of healthy helpings of guilt to keep him humble. Razz So yeah, Raph can be the 'sacrificial goat'... because the guy doesn't have enough anger issues. Razz

When the shit starts hitting the fan... what parts will Junko and Mikko play? This would be a good opportunity to get those chars more involved.

I really think this plot idea has loads of potential. I like the Mutants idea too, and think it would be great to incorporate later in the story.
Back to top Go down
Cowgirl M

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 6:26 pm

My ears are ringing!

And I second that. Shell Shocked sounds like an interesting storyline that is filled with suspense and lots of action. This could give Junko a major opportunity to prove herself and loyalty.

I was also thinking of introducing her other identity, 'Atsuko, the college student'. She can't use her real name otherwise it would blow her cover. Maybe I can work up a way where 'Atsuko' can meet the Turtles for the first time?
Back to top Go down
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 7:53 pm

I'm liking the shellshocked idea. anything that will give mikko more to do then just sleeping with men and taking drugs is good.
Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 3:54 am

I like both plots! Be great to as Rogue replied above me to incoorporate 'mutants' into 'shell shocked' Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Awesome! Glad everyone seems to agree that it's close enough to have another plot. I'm glad you guys enjoyed both ideas, but as I said they aren't set in stone. What would you guys like to do? If we don't do it this plot, we could always save it for the next or near future depending on what you guys would like done. Just let us know here! Smile
Back to top Go down
Cowgirl M

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 10:41 pm

This could be the perfect opportunity for Junko to capture Michelangelo. We were planning to make that a plot earlier, but I believe now is the perfect time to use it, since her goal in mind is to earn the Shredder's trust. And maybe, with Rogue's permission, Junko could be suspicious of Karai's motives, just like Karai would be suspicious of her.

She could team up with someone. I'm not so sure about Chris Bradford. The interaction between those two is hysterical. She would've originally been partnered with Mikko if she didn't have a change of heart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:35 pm

Probably going to toss Bishop in to this fun. Reason being, I figure Shredder would have something Bishop wants in the form of experimental mutagen and a shady deal would occur. Shredder would assign Karai the objective of delivering it to the agent himself but all are aware that it's a bad deal; meaning Saki purposefully tries to fool Bishop with fake mutagen. Thus, Bishop takes Karai hostage in turn for the real mutagen samples. All the while other events we discussed are happening in Shellshocked.

It could make for a really interesting story full of intrigue and suspense. So, while Bishop has Karai he still has to fend himself from the rampant mutants that are terrorizing the city for he believes it's his duty to do so. To complicate things. I noticed no more ideas have been added so that's my way of intro'ng Bishop for now. ^^ If Rogue is in agreement of this, of course.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Admin
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 2:34 pm

Ooooh, I likes! And of course I agree! I personally can't wait to have Bishop intro'ed into the story. He's a good plot tool and more fun than a barrel of monkeys. ^^I'm sure Karai will be thrilled about all of this. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 4:34 pm

yay bishop! can't wait to see him in action. I'm sure Baxter would want a slice of the action too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Sure. Bax could be his failsafe. Like, Bishop would calculate that his chances of succeeding would be half-half so he brings in Bax for insurance. Cause some chaos with his robot people or perhaps introduce some of his cyber-foot soldiers. It would be funny because Bishop and Saki wouldn't like one another but it'd show Bax playing to both sides.

But I leave it up to you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
Mikko McKinnon

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:39 pm

oooooh and the plot thickens
Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 7:32 pm

Looking forward to these plots. Smile

Got Plots? - Page 2 Bb250f703f9edf75b3e77e7515822258

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Haha, Ocelot! Love MGS3! Razz

But yes, I believe the plan is that Bishop finds out about the turtles and their mutagen has piqued his interest. So what's going to happen is, in an off shoot thread to set this plot up, Bishop is going to the Foot Tower after our current plot and Kitsune will answer. It'll set up that Saki and Kitsune refuse to hand over any samples to the Government/EPF for containment reasons and give Bishop a reason for what is to come.

What is to come is he will end up capturing Michelangelo and holding him in Baxter's facility (assuming Mikko is alright with this!). There, they will attempt to drain some of his blood for 'research'. This research will inevitably become the catalyst for the plot, being that Bishop's hidden agenda is to inject either the US Military or his own agents with the mutagen to create his own personal army of super-soldiers. Whether or not this happens, I haven't really decided yet. I'm thinking he succeeds with just a couple of people before the turtles rain on his parade. That would seem logical.

It would also set up how Bishop/the baddies never really win but still have a trump card in that he will still possess a sample of the mutagen for himself, because... he's Bishop lol.

But just to inform people this will be more canon-driven with no room for the oc's to really intervene due to the fact that the canons on here need to be posted with. I know it may be an unpopular opinion, but, I must do what I must do to get some canon activity going. This means April, the turtles, Splinter, Baxter if Mikko agrees to include him, etc. Maybe one or two can show up, like, Erica if you want to be involved to help you get started that's fine. Just let me know what you want to do and I'll work my magic. But I think the other oc's have had enough developing for the moment.

I'll start this one, starting with the Foot Tower thread between Bishop and Kitsune and the plot will develop from there and we can get started on posting with some of the canons! Razz cheers So that is currently the plan! Let me know what you guys wanna do. ^^
Back to top Go down
Erica Martins

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 8:01 pm

I.... Want to play... But ony if it is really okay to do so...

Back to top Go down
Cowgirl M

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 8:50 pm

I'm going to have to side with D on this. The OCs had completely taken over the current storyline. The canon hasn't gotten the opportunity to be themselves. All my canons are doing is just sitting there wondering where their script is.

I also have my own idea for a storyline. If we're going to bring in Kraang, how about we introduce Usagi Yojimbo to the story? Kraang and Shredder could accidently open up a portal to Usagi's dimension, he tumbles into the TMNT's world, with Gennosuke following suit. Together they go on a comical adventure as they try to adapt to this new world while trying to figure out a way to get back to theirs.

No offense, ladies, but there is too much angst in this story. As much as I like angst and drama, how about adding some variety? What makes TMNT so much fun to write about is there no limitations when it comes to imagination. You can get away with pretty much anything with the TMNT. Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Drama, Romance, Angst, Comedy, Suspense, all woven into one tight package.

Also, I want my OC to contribute more to the storyline. Lately I've been feeling she is being used as a scapegoat or an extension for someone else's OC. I didn't create her so she can make someone else look good. I'm sorry if that pisses anybody off, but lately I felt as though my OC is being shoved into the background and ignored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Got Plots? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Got Plots?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMNT Origins RPG :: The Land of the Dead :: The Archives-
Jump to: